COVID-19 Screening and Testing
TAN Healthcare offers COVID19 screening and testing to Southeast Texas residents. The cash price for the test is $51.00. These costs are billed to patient insurance companies, who in turn are waiving patient co-pays. If you have questions regarding your insurance coverage, please contact your carrier directly. Testing is also available for individuals who are uninsured. TAN Healthcare is currently not charging patients for COVID19 screening. For more information, please contact us at 409.832.8338.
TAN Healthcare provides quality health care with compassion for all. Our patients’ health and safety remain our number one priority.
Here are some of the many safety measures we’ve taken – and continue to take –to keep our patients and staff safe during the coronavirus outbreak.
• Temperature Checks
Before you enter the facility, a TAN Healthcare medical staff asks several screening questions and takes the temperature of people entering the building, including patients and staff. If an individual has a fever, the person is asked to return to their car and wait for our medical team there.
In accordance with guidance from the CDC and Texas officials, patients must wear a face covering. For those who need a mask, we can provide one. All clinical staff are required to wear a mask.
• Physical Distance
We have removed chairs from our waiting rooms to ensure there is at least six feet of distance between patients. There are multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout waiting and exam rooms.
We are asking patients to come to their appointment alone, limiting the number of visitors in the waiting room. For those who need assistance, one visitor can accompany the patient.
• Separating COVID patients
Any patient experiencing COVID-19 symptoms MUST call ahead (409.832.3377 Bmt or 409.920.4223 Orange) and notify our medical team. Upon arrival, the patient is to remain in their car and call our triage desk. Our COVID team will come out to the car in full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
TAN Healthcare launched telemedicine in March. Our medical team of doctors and nurses can see patients virtually by phone or computer from the comfort of their home. To make an appointment, please visit us at www.tanhealthcare.org to pre-register if you are a new patient.
• Fact-Based Information
COVID-19 Testing is by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
TAN Healthcare offers COVID-19 testing at both Health Center locations and through established outreach initiatives.
HOW CAN I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
2. At the BOTTOM of the page select the Pre-Register button.
3. Complete the basic demographics page and submit.
4. You will receive the CONSENT TO TREAT email from TAN Healthcare. The form is required for anyone seeking services. Follow instructions to electronically sign the form and return.
5. You will receive a call from a TAN Healthcare staff for COVID-19 screening and testing appointment date/time.
WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE FOR THE TEST?
1. All COVID-19 testing is conducted as “drive up” only. Please do NOT get out of your car.
2. Upon arrival, please call the number provided to you to notify staff that you are here.
3. If applicable, please have your ID and Insurance Card ready and available.
4. When approached, please turn OFF your air conditioner to avoid particle distribution.
5. Only the person(s) in the vehicle registered will be able to get tested.
If you are unable to make the testing time noted above, please call 409.832.3377 to schedule another time to visit our Beaumont Health Center to be tested. The Beaumont Health Center is located at 1495 N 7th Street, Beaumont, TX 77702.
If you are unable to make the testing time noted above, please call 409.920.4223 to schedule another time to visit our Orange Health Center to be tested. The Orange Health Center is located at 3737 N. 16th Street, Orange, Texas 77632.